Friday, February 03, 2006

Angry People

Wow...seems like people are an angry lot. They are getting angry over everything single thing, big, small or nothing. They get angry when its sunny, they get angry when its raining, they get angry abt this, that, everything...

I was taking a cab home this evening when my cab, perhaps carelessness on the driver's part, cut into the path of an oncoming van. From then on, until the van took a turn, the van's driver keep taking glances over trying to see who the driver of the cab was. What's the point of doing that? It's over with no harm done whatsoever. By taking his attention off where his going, it will not be the cab driver, but his anger that is going to get him into the next accident.

Days after days, I hear people complaining almost everything about the government. And you know what, I gather that the underlying reasons behind all the complaints, is that the government is rich. Fancy angry about the government being rich. In my opinion, that's a joke. For centuries, even milleniums, mighty dynasties and great civilisations have collapsed and one common characteristic prior to their collapse is that the treasury is almost, if not completely, empty. I don't see any wrong with the government. There's good education for everyone, job opportunities, stabilty. What more do you want? I think what they want is like Abu Dhabi, where everyone gets $4k per month for not working, where everyone is provided a car and cheap petrol. Sounds good? Not really. I have heard people from there who is worried, even the govt there is. The benefits are creating an entire generation of spoilt citizens who are not striving to work hard and they are worried that in years to come, there wont be anyone competent and experience enough to run the country anymore. I think we are having a good life compared with the most of the world, so what the complaints about? If you want a better life, save your energy and do something to improve it. Go, go, go....

And then there is this ever present complaints among guys... "NS" !!! For years, they have been complaining how it wasted 2 1/2 yrs of their life, abt how they can kickstart their career earlier if not for NS. C'mon, in NS term, wake up your idea. Without the 2 1/2 yrs NS, you wont even have the chance to pursue a career. Singapore will have long been gobbled up and God knows what would have happened to Singapore. You might not be "wasting" only 2 1/2 yrs in that case, you may have to spend yrs to eke out a living. They always feel that they are doing it for the sake of the government. To me, I'm doing it for myself, my future, my parents, my loved ones and my kids in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home