Monday, April 17, 2006

Review of the last one month

Well, it was a month of a not so usual routine, no 8-5 work days, no taking of the same bus. same mrt, seeing the same few commuters. 1st, was my 1 week ICT, followed by 2 week plus in Germany. Eventful, but yet didnt see myself moving forward. Decided I should reflect upon my experiences in this past month. Here goes...

1st has to be my one week ICT. Has been looking forward to it as a break from my boring job. Well, I could have more rest if I had not passed my IPPT. Ends up because I dun need to take IPPT, I was arrowed to attached to Pioneer platoon. Sheesh..while the others sleep and attend lessons in air-conditioned room, I was in the vehicle shed day and even night (hmm...think I cannot write too much abt what happened inside). Anyway, it was a good chance to catch up with old friends, some of whom I haven't met since we ORDed. Some married already, some are planning to, and of cos some like me, still single and available. And the common thing is, everyone complains abt their jobs, pay, bonuses....haha. And of cos, put a bunch of guys together and sex will never be far away from the topic. And there will be this few who will starting rattling off whatever they know abt those sleazy joints, their experiences etc. Seems to me that they are trying hard to show how hip and sexually open they are. While there are many others who also visits such places, there is a stark difference in the way they talked abt it. One just casually talks abt what they done and seen, while the others put effort into pushing out whatever they knew. It's very obvious the difference between these two groups even in their character-wise. The "non show off" have no problems poking fun at themselves during casual talk, while the "show off" will always put themselves in a better light when they are talking abt themselves. Anyhow, it was a nice little break away from work...unaware that a shit-hole is awaitng me back in office...

Of cos the next 3 wks, I ended up in Germany. Tired, cold and hungry, the days seems to crawl by slowly. Anyway, I managed to pull through it with few scratches. All wasn't that bad. At least we got to know 2 Craotian guys and learn a vulgar phrase in Croatian. And, I found out how filthy rich the Arabs are. Fancy getting half a million plus 3 mansion just by getting married. And be hailed as a nantional hero just by declaring you want to work.

Anyway, here I am, back in Singapore, back to my normal routine, hopefully not for long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home