Saturday, November 19, 2005

A Day In Town

Destination 1: Raffles City

Decided to have lunch at the food court in Raffles City before meeting my friend. Went over to the beef noodle stall, stood there for a while but the auntie seems to be ignore me. I'm sure she saw me but she continued to meddle with her own things and didnt ask for my order. Well, I decided that I shld make my presence more obvious by saying out my order. She got my order wrong the 1st time, I wanted the dry one but she thot I want the soup one..nevertheless, she verified with me and I said "yah" after she say "dry one?" But in the end, I still ended with a soup one. Auntie seems like in a bad mood, so I felt I shldn't make her day worse by kicking up a fuss and just proceed with my beef noodle soup...

Found a seat opposite 2 guys. Interestingly, the guy who was eating hokkien mee was using fork and spoon while his fren eating fried rice is using chopsticks. Just felt it shld be the other way round and this led me to recall an irony that I've read: "We turn on air-con when we sleep at night, yet we on the heater when we bathe in the day"

My friend is late again...Went into Robinsons to take a walk...bad choice...felt an urge to buy several shirts that caught my eyes...fortunately for my innate ability to procrastinate when it comes to spending money, I was spared the outcome of being set back by a couple of hundreds $$...

Destination 2: California Fitness

The same thing I hate happens yet again. I was once again approached during my workout ad tried to sell me their Personal Trainer program. Week after week it happens, no matter how many times I said no. I really felt like hanging a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my neck. Luckily this time, my ordeal last less than 5 mins. Guess he finally realised that I'm just a stingy and penniless bloke. This is not the only bad experience I had with the ppl at Cali. The 1st time I went there, I was supposed to meet a guy (let's just call him "Mr D"). I had an appointment with him yet he was not there to meet me. Another guy attended to me and I put this episode aside. Despite me telling them I have to leave by 7.30pm to attend a concert, the guy continue with his long and standard sales pitch. Even after I agreed to sign up, they took forever to process my application. I end up skipping my dinner and taking a cab down to the concert...was almost late for it. A week later, Mr D set up another appointment with me to pass him some documents. Yet when I got there, he was not there again...Someone else attended to me again this time after I explained my purpose for being there. Yet the next day, Mr D called me, without even apologizing for his absence, ask me to go down again to sign some documents. Since I was meeting my frens in town at 6.45pm, I made an appointment with him for 6pm. I reached there at 6pm, was told that he was busy and told to wait. It was only until 6.30pm that he appeared. Beside him was a girl he was trying to close. Obviously he felt that a prospect is more impt than servicing someone who already signed up. And after the whole thing, he actually has the cheek to ORDER me to fill up all ten entry of a referral lists. I really wonder whether I'm the salesperson and he's the client. It was when I was doing sales, only did I get stood up by my prospect or have to wait for a late prospect. Kaoz!!! After my 1 yr membership ends, its bye to Cali...hello mebbe planet fitness...

Destination 3: Takashimaya

Was walking towards Orchard MRT when I decided to go to the toilet in Taka. Was abt to leave when I saw the signboard of Hermes so I decided to check out the brand that women ard the world are crazy abt. Stayed outside Hermes and saw several ladies inside, and thot to myself that these ppl are quite rich eh...walked a few steps down and saw Gucci...Boy!! The shop was swarming with women eager to be the owner of another Gucci bag. Can someone pls enlighten me on the charm of all these branded handbags which can cost a few thousands? I do agree that some the designs are really nice and that it does have quality. But what has puzzled me for some time was abt LV bag. There are some LV design which I've seen that are quite nice, but why are majority of the ladies going for those that have the most common design, the brown colour one with the LV logos all ard? Its not nice, its not unique, in fact, its so common that ppl might mistake urs for a pirated one. Yet it seems to be a must-have for every woman. Why? Why? Why? Can someone pls give me some ans?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home