Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wedding Bells

Attended two weddings during the weekend. The first was a ROM ceremony held at some place called Freemason. When I arrived, I saw a bride at the entrance but something wasn't quite right. She don't look like the girl my friend was marrying. Either he's marrying someone else (quite impossible) or I'm at the wrong place. A bit panic at that time cos I was almost late liao...Luckily as I was about to leave the place, I caught sight of my friend and realised that there are many couples holding their ceremonies there. Phew!

Felt really happy seeing the both of them getting married to each other and was very honoured when I realised that I was one of the only 4 frens whom the groom invited. At the reception that follows, almost like a speed dating session where we were introduced to the girlfriends of the bride, sitting beside us. But alas, haha, no chance to know them better as I have to rush to attend the 2nd wedding.

The 2nd wedding was held at a church, a new one I guess cos it wasn't on the map...almost couldn't find it. Really felt like a reunion over there, meeting all the frens that I haven't seen in a long time, even met an opponent of the past, hah.. although basking in the joyous moments, couldn't help by feeling a bit bored by the pastor's long "sermon". But at one point, one verse of the bible mentioned sent my mind thinking a bit.

From Ephesians 5.22 "Wives, submit to ur husbands as the the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the churc, his body, of which he is the Saviour. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives shld submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love ur wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her."

And the pastor went on to give examples of how the wife shld submit and let the husband make the final decision and so on. At this point, I was thinking of who is making more sacrifices. Its seems to be the wife who have to submit to the husband's decisions, den again, from Christianity point of view, Christ made the largest sacrifice...At this point, I realised that for 2 persons in love, it doesn't matter who sacrifice more...Btw, I'm not a christian...

Anyway, it feels great to see my frens finding their happiness...May they live happily ever after....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home